GTO Business Talk: Financial Economic Outlook
"Weathering a fast, furious, and fractious world"
The German Trade Office Taipei and Commerzbank AG Representative Office Taipei would like to invite you to attend our GTO Business Talk with guest speaker Charlie Lay, Director, Senior Economist and FX Strategist at Commerzbank.
The German Trade Office Taipei and Commerzbank AG Representative Office Taipei would like to invite you to attend the Business Talk with the title "Weathering a fast, furious, and fractious world".
Speaker: Charlie Lay, Director, Senior Economist and FX Strategist
Charlie Lay is a senior economist and FX strategist at Commerzbank. He is based in Singapore and is responsible for Asia. Charlie has a broad range of experience in the Asian and G7 markets, having worked in various capacities in the public sector, private banking, and investment banking. He has covered Asia since 1997 in roles with Societe General as a regional economist and Credit Suisse Private Banking as an FX strategist. He began his career with the Australian Treasury in Canberra in macroeconomic modeling, responsible for forecasting and modeling the Australian economy. He holds a Masters in Economics from the Australian National University.
- What are the risks of the US economy overheating and implications for Fed monetary policy direction?
- What are the impact of the trade war on China and the rest of Asian economies?
- Is the trade war simply about trade imbalances or extend to tech and security concerns?
- Are we beginning to see foreign companies re-thinking their global supply chains and relocating out of China to other parts of Asia?
- What the implications of the trade war on China and the rest of Asia?
- Will the Fed hike further amidst increased EM volatility?
- INR, IDR, and PHP are the weakest Asian currencies this year, what’s the common denominator and do we blame the Fed?
- What are the risks stemming from Eurozone on Italy’s budget concerns?
Venue: The Sherwood Taipei, 3/F Ching Room
Address: No.111, Sec.3, Minsheng East Road, Songshan District, Taipei
Time: 18:30-21:30 (Registration 18:00 - 18:30)
Price: 800 NT$ (food and drinks included, entrance fee to be paid in advance)