The German Trade Office Taipei regularly offers one position for a junior barrister (Rechtsreferendar) as part of the “Wahlstation” program for a period of three to four months.
The focus of the junior barrister training is private, trade and corporate law. A junior barrister supports in mediation cases between German and Taiwanese companies and gives legal advice about issues concerning German or Taiwanese trade law and company foundation in Germany. Furthermore, the junior barrister takes part in the editing, translation and summarizing of newspaper articles concerning the Taiwanese economy for the weekly newsletter.
The German Trade Office does not offer monetary compensation for junior barristers.
- Currently accredited as junior barrister in Germany
- Native proficiency in German, fluent in English; Chinese is a plus
- Proficient knowledge in MS Office (2007)
- Abroad studies or work experience in Taiwan, PR China or Hong Kong is a plus
- The next possible starting time is April 2020. In order to apply, please send your cover letter, curriculum vitae (both in German) as well as relevant supporting documents to Ms. Linda Blechert, blechert.linda(at)taiwan.ahk.de.