GTO Business Talk: Insights into Taiwan’s Startup Ecosystem
An Innovation Outpost for German Corporates
The German Trade Office Taipei, Yushan Ventures and IAPS would like to invite you to attend the Business Talk with the title "Insights into Taiwan’s Startup Ecosystem | An Innovation Outpost for German Corporates”.
Date & Time:
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
18:30 - 21:00 (Registration from 18:00 - 18:30)
Taiwan Tech Arena, 4th Floor, Room 411
No. 2, Section 4, Nanjing East Road, Songshan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 105
Prize: 400NTD (including catering)
While large US corporations such as Google and Microsoft and Germany’s Audi are already deeply involved in startup R&D activities in Taiwan, most German corporations and Mittelstand companies have yet to acknowledge Taiwan's vibrant startup ecosystem and the business opportunities that exist here for them. In this session, we will explore Taiwan’s innovative startup potential and nimble supply chain for prototyping & pilots.
To tap Taiwan’s innovative startup-driven potential for German industries, Yushan Ventures has established the Mosaic Venture Lab with the support of Taiwan’s Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) and Startup Terrace. Tenants include Microsoft Ventures and Amazon.
Mosaic Venture Lab is a platform moderating an in-depth and curated cross-industry collaboration between corporate partners from the industry (OEMs, TIER 1s, software, semiconductor, manufacturing and content providers) and young German and Taiwanese tech companies - with a focus on the execution of Pilots, Proof-of Concept (PoCs) and commercialization.
The event goes into depth around specific elements (e.g., human capital, deep-tech, prototyping) of the Taiwanese ecosystem that is relevant for German corporations looking for innovation and IP protection.
|18:00||Registration and Networking|
|18:30||Welcome & Introduction|
Axel Limberg, Chief Representative and Executive Director, German Trade Office Taipei
Michael Lin, CEO, IAPS
|18:45||“Multidimensional Collaboration: Tapping Taiwan’s & Germany’s Startup Ecosystems” |
Volker Heistermann, Managing Director, Yushan Ventures, Inc. Ken Huang, Program Manager, Yushan Ventures, Inc.
|19:00||“German Corporations & Taiwanese OEMs in the Digital Age” |
Bruce Bateman, CIO, LITE-ON
|19:30||2 Startup Pitches |
- Augmented Reality Startup
- Deep Tech “Beyond Display” Startup
|19:45||Networking and Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Showcase|
& Executive Director
Yushan Ventures Inc.
|Ken Huang |
Yushan Ventures Inc.
|Bruce Bateman |
|Alex Yang |
|Allan Yu |
Who should attend?
- Thought and Innovation Leaders
- German Corporate Representatives from multinational and Mittelstand corporations
- German & Taiwan Government Representatives
- Business Angels and Venture Capitalists
- Movers and shakers from the Taiwanese startup community
Why should you attend?
- Find out how to source startups and connect with the German and Taiwanese startup ecosystem
- Learn how to solve corporate innovation challenges
- Get inspired and meet exciting new companies and technologies
- Establish and strengthen your links to startups, corporates, academia and policy makers
- Mingle and foster relationships with the startup community and investors
- Join us for a very inspiring networking event and enjoy innovative insights!